DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas-Fire Rescue responded to a two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in northeast Dallas on Saturday.
Crews were able to extinguish the flames within 45 minutes at the “Villas on Forest Springs”, located at 9475 Forest Springs Drive.
When crews arrived around 12:45 p.m., firefighters observed smoke coming from the roof of the two-story building. Firefighters made an offensive attack and extinguished the flames.
Of the 16 units in the complex, only two sustained fire damage. Smoke and water damage, along with the possibility of an extended power shut-off, could displace all residents from the building.
The American Red Cross has been notified to assist the residents.
There were no reported injuries to citizens or firefighters as a result of the fire.
The cause is still under investigation.
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Coat Is Up For Auction
- Cowboys Draft Pick Ezekiel Elliott Talks With 105.3 The Fan
- Rovi Buying TiVo In $1.1B Cash & Stock Deal
- Start Of 2nd Weekend Of Jazz Fest Soaked By Rain
- Kasich PAC’s Web Ads Target Delegates With Vision Of Victory