DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas-Fire Rescue responded to a two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in northeast Dallas on Saturday.
Crews were able to extinguish the flames within 45 minutes at the “Villas on Forest Springs”, located at 9475 Forest Springs Drive.
When crews arrived around 12:45 p.m., firefighters observed smoke coming from the roof of the two-story building. Firefighters made an offensive attack and extinguished the flames.
Of the 16 units in the complex, only two sustained fire damage. Smoke and water damage, along with the possibility of an extended power shut-off, could displace all residents from the building.
The American Red Cross has been notified to assist the residents.
There were no reported injuries to citizens or firefighters as a result of the fire.
The cause is still under investigation.
- I-Team: CBS11 Investigates Claims Of ‘Double-Dipping’ Deputies
- Drunk Driving Suspect Crashes Into Arlington Home
- Fort Worth Aiming To Bridge Gap Between Police And Communities
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured In Crash Of Air Force Training Jet
- Officer Shot In Line Of Duty Making A Comeback!