WACO (AP) — Lache Seastrunk ran for 111 yards and two touchdowns, Bryce Petty threw for 290 yards and two scores in his first start and Baylor scored its most points since 1929 in a 69-3 victory over lower-division Wofford on Saturday night.
The Bears celebrated the opening of their final season at Floyd Casey Stadium by taking a 28-0 lead in the first quarter after Nick Florence, last year’s record-setting replacement for Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III, delivered the pre-game prayer.
Petty, a junior, needed just 10 plays and 2:05 combined on game-opening drives of 70 and 65 yards for a 14-0 lead.
Wofford, one of the best running teams in FCS, struggled in its first game without all-time rushing leader Eric Breitenstein. Playing their first game in Texas, the Terriers needed 60 carries to get 173 rushing yards, 2.9 yards per run.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Texas Tech’s Zhaire Smith Turning Pro After Standout Freshman Season
- Rob Gronkowski Enters Partnership Deal For Gronkowski The Horse
- Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich Loses Wife As Team Trails In NBA Playoffs
- Jake Faria Gets First Win Since July As Rays Beat Rangers 4-2
- Jrue Holiday Is Why The Pelicans Lead The Trail Blazers