NEW YORK (AP) — LeBron James is joining forces with Starz and the man behind classic shows like “The Cosby Show” to create a sitcom that will touch on something he knows a lot about — “Survivor’s Remorse.”
The Miami Heat star will be the executive producer of the half-hour show. It will focus on two people who make it big after getting out of Philadelphia’s inner city and will chronicle the characters as they try to adjust to that fame along with feelings of guilt for having made it while peers are still struggling.
James is working on the project with his business partner and longtime friend Maverick Carter, along with Tom Werner, the force behind shows such as “The Cosby Show” and “Roseanne.” Actor Mike O’Malley will also be an executive producer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Cowboys’ Witten, NFL Prospects Help Kids Get Suited For Success
- Leaderboard: Andrew Landry And PGA Tour Second Chances
- The Baseball Report: Manaea Records First No-Hitter Of Season
- Colonial Gets New PGA Tour Title Sponsor With Charles Schwab
- Anthony Davis Leading Pelicans On Path To NBA Small-Market Success