NEW YORK (AP) — LeBron James is joining forces with Starz and the man behind classic shows like “The Cosby Show” to create a sitcom that will touch on something he knows a lot about — “Survivor’s Remorse.”
The Miami Heat star will be the executive producer of the half-hour show. It will focus on two people who make it big after getting out of Philadelphia’s inner city and will chronicle the characters as they try to adjust to that fame along with feelings of guilt for having made it while peers are still struggling.
James is working on the project with his business partner and longtime friend Maverick Carter, along with Tom Werner, the force behind shows such as “The Cosby Show” and “Roseanne.” Actor Mike O’Malley will also be an executive producer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Cowboys Season In Review: Dallas Exceeded All Expectations in 2016 Despite Early Playoff Loss
- UT Arlington Holds Off South Alabama’s Rally For 89-83 Win
- Swoopes Headlines Women’s Basketball Hall Of Fame Finalists
- No. 2 Kansas Beats Iowa State 76-72 For 17th Straight Win
- Garrett Wants The Best For Tony Romo, Declines To Name A Starting QB