COLLEGE STATION (AP) — No. 7 Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel didn’t speak to the media until late November last year because of coach Kevin Sumlin’s ban on freshman talking to reporters.
Now he’s a sophomore and a Heisman Trophy winner and he’s once again being kept from the media. He has served his half-game NCAA suspension and played his first game for the Aggies, but hasn’t spoken publicly since SEC media days this summer.
Sumlin says it isn’t the right time for Manziel to talk, but that he will talk at some point this year.
He also brushed off the notion that Manziel disrespected him on Saturday by not responding when he talked to him following his fourth-quarter unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Bautista Hits 3-Run HR, Blue Jays Beat Rangers 3-1
- Donaldson, Tulowitzki Activated, Back In Blue Jays’ Lineup
- Pregame Baseball Nuggets: Blue Jays Offense, Griffin vs Bolsinger & More
- Keidel: Bryce Harper And Baseball’s New Salary Narrative