George Zimmerman Stopped, Ticketed For Speeding
Get Breaking News First
LAKE MARY, Fla. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — For the second time in a few months, George Zimmerman has been pulled over for speeding.
Most recently, Zimmerman was stopped in central Florida and ticketed for going 15 miles over the limit.
Lake Mary police report Zimmerman was given a $256 ticket Tuesday morning for going 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.
During that stop, he informed the officer he had a gun in his glove box. He does have a permit to carry it.
Earlier that month, the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer was acquitted of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Musicians + Sports: Linkin Park On The Lakers, Suns And NBA Playoffs
- Strong Makes Texas Debut With Spring Scrimmage
- NCAA Could Force Hardship Transfers To Sit 1 Year
- Police Activity In Area Causes Lockdown At Euless Trinity HS
- Power Outage Affecting Plano City Hall