WASHINGTON (AP) — The NFL players union has set up a system to provide safe rides for its members.
The agreement with Uber Technologies allows players to use smartphone technology to connect to reliable drivers. In a statement released Wednesday, the union says the partnership “underscores the NFLPA’s ongoing commitment to ensuring its members have access to safe, discreet and professional transportation when they need it.”
Beginning this month, NFL players will be able to summon a ride in any of Uber’s international locations, including nearly 20 NFL cities and Pro Bowl host Honolulu. Once a ride is requested via Uber’s smartphone app, a ride will arrive within minutes.
Uber and the union will distribute personalized key chain cards containing ride credits to every active NFL player.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Report: Johnny Manziel Re-Hires Former Agent, Drawing Real Interest From Teams
- The New Reported Cap Number And The Cowboys Squeeze
- The Surprise, Surprise: Last Bench Spot Up For Grabs & More
- Just Hangin’: Jared Sandler With Rangers RP Jeremy Jeffress
- 30 Players: Trade For Jose De Leon Should Pay Off Quickly For Rays