North Texans Are The Happiest, According To New Poll
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – North Texans are the happiest people in the country, according to a new poll that looked at happiness factors in America’s 10 largest cities.
The Harris Poll showed that on average about 33 percent of people living in the country’s biggest cities are very happy.
However, North Texans scored 5 percent higher on the survey, with 38 percent people living in the D/FW metroplex qualifying as very happy, according to the poll results.
Participants responded to 11 statements to determine their level of happiness. “My relationship with friends bring me happiness,” and “I have positive relationships with my family members,” are examples of some of the poll questions.
D/FW residents were the most likely of those polled to say they are guided by their spiritual beliefs. They were also the least likely to worry about their heath. D/FW respondents were the least likely to agree that they have positive relationships with family members.
Residents from the following cities also participated in the study – with Houston residents finishing in the second spot and San Francisco in the 10th.
- Houston, TX (36% “very happy”)
- Philadelphia, PA (34% “very happy”)
- Atlanta, GA (34% “very happy”)
- Los Angeles, CA (33% “very happy”)
- NYC Metro, NY (33% “very happy”)
- Washington, D.C. (33% “very happy”)
- Chicago, IL (32% “very happy”)
- Boston, MA (31% “very happy”)
- San Francisco, CA (28% “very happy”)
- Cleanup At Rio Vista Elementary School After Storms
- Source: No Suspension For Tyson For Mavs ‘Punch’
- Family Searching For Brass Ships Wall Art Mistakenly Sold At Yard Sale
- Juror No. 15: Texas Gov. Abbott Reports To Austin Jury Duty
- House OKs Bill Spurred By Irving Highway Patrol Cavity Search
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time