FORT WORTH (AP) — The funeral is set for a college student who died after falling from a horse.
The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office says 21-year-old Bailey Gasch, a senior at Tarleton State University, died Aug. 30 at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. She fell while riding in an area about six miles northwest of Santo in rural Palo Pinto County, located about 60 miles west of Fort Worth.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports the funeral is set for Saturday in her hometown of Cooper, located about 110 miles northeast of Fort Worth.
The medical examiner says the cause of death was “closed head injury” due to falling from a horse.
An obituary distributed by Delta Funeral Home says Gasch, who was studying animal production, planned to graduate in December.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anti-White Supremacists Rally Will Have Heavy Police Presence
- Confederate Monuments Removed Or Vandalized Across US
- NASA-Approved Solar Eclipse Glasses Harder To Find
- Celtics To Retire Paul Pierce’s No. 34
- Kindergarten Kids All Smiles About New Academic Journey
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time