FORT WORTH (AP) — The funeral is set for a college student who died after falling from a horse.
The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office says 21-year-old Bailey Gasch, a senior at Tarleton State University, died Aug. 30 at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. She fell while riding in an area about six miles northwest of Santo in rural Palo Pinto County, located about 60 miles west of Fort Worth.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports the funeral is set for Saturday in her hometown of Cooper, located about 110 miles northeast of Fort Worth.
The medical examiner says the cause of death was “closed head injury” due to falling from a horse.
An obituary distributed by Delta Funeral Home says Gasch, who was studying animal production, planned to graduate in December.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Congress Cracks Down On “Bots” That Snap Up Concert Tickets
- Final Rules For K-12 Standardized Testing Released
- Surgeon General Calls Youth ‘Vaping’ A Public Health Threat
- Texas Tech Defeats UTSA 87-50 For 5th Straight Win
- Hampton Scores Season-High 21 In Texas A&M’s Victory Over Denver
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time