SOUTH DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Twenty-five year old Brittany says she is the ninth victim, the most recent linked to a serial rapist police believe has been targeting women near Fair Park.
“I really want this person to be caught ‘cause I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I have nightmares,” she said.
She didn’t want to share her last name, but she did want to speak out.
“I wasn’t doing nothing to nobody and he raped me,” she said.
When she met with CBS 11 News on a public street corner, she said, it was her first time outdoors, since the attack on Sunday.
She said, she was walking home that morning after an overnight shift at work.
“He ran up on me with a gun and he had me at gunpoint,” she said. “I thought he was trying to rob me. I gave him everything he asked for, and he still raped me.”
She said he threatened to kill her if she didn’t cooperate or tried to scream.
Brittany said, she never did get a good look at his face. She worries she wouldn’t recognize him today.
“I’m scared to take the bus. ‘Cause I don’t know who he is. I can pass by him at any time. ‘Cause I don’t know who he is.”
She also didn’t know until Tuesday that there were 8 other victims like her.
She wonders why Dallas Police didn’t warn the public earlier.
“They should have made an announcement. They should have let people know there was a rapist out,” she said.
Friday, Dallas police announced they’d arrested a person of interest in the case on an outstanding warrant for violating probation on a prior DWI conviction.
“They had shields. They had guns. They had the whole apartment circled,” said Angela Murray, who lead police to her son, after they stormed her parents’ house.
She said she was worried they would hurt her son.
“I didn’t want them to go out there with 80 or 100 police to one male and kill him,” she said.
Police have not charged her son and say they are still looking for their rapist.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump Backers Cry Foul Over Loss At Arizona GOP Convention
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time