DNA Matches Suspect For 1 Of 9 South Dallas Rapes
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police have confirmed that laboratory results from evidence submitted for one of the nine sex assault offenses provided a positive DNA match for a suspect.
An arrest warrant for Aggravated Sexual Assault was subsequently issued for Van Dralan Dixson, 39.
Officers are working diligently to locate the suspect. The Dallas Police Department is asking for assistance in locating Dixson.
Any information as to his whereabouts can be reported to 911. They are still awaiting laboratory results of evidence submitted for testing from other cases.
Detectives will continue to investigate all leads on the sexual assault cases and even though a suspect has been identified, they caution that the public should remain alert and vigilant in reporting suspicious persons or activities to police.
Dixson’s bond is set at $1 million.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill Charity Is Back In The Saddle After Thieves Strike
- Homicide Investigated At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Crash In Seagoville Causes AT&T Outage
- Half Ton Of Fireworks Confiscated In Dallas
- Dallas Police K-9 Squad Honored At Dog Show
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time