Garland Firefighters Find Dead Woman Inside Burned Townhome
Get Breaking News First
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) - Firefighters battling a 2-alarm house fire Sunday in Garland found a woman dead inside the townhome. A neighbor saw smoke and called 911 shortly after 1 p.m.
“We did have neighbors say that’s there’s a lady there that lives alone so we knew there may be someone in there,” said a spokesman for the fire department, Merrill Balanciere.
Firefighters also found a dead pet in the home. The medical examiner hasn’t determined how the woman died yet.
Firefighters said they called for backup so that crews on the scene wouldn’t suffer heat exhaustion.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Study Links California Drought To Global Warming
- Major Oil & Gas Firm To List Drilling Chemicals
- Divisional Matchup Vs. Giants Is Least Expensive Game On Cowboys Schedule, 49ers Most Expensive
- Mavs Back Home After Split At Spurs, But Is That Good?
- Rangers Checking Kouzmanoff’s Back Before Beltre Move
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time