Garland Firefighters Find Dead Woman Inside Burned Townhome
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) - Firefighters battling a 2-alarm house fire Sunday in Garland found a woman dead inside the townhome. A neighbor saw smoke and called 911 shortly after 1 p.m.
“We did have neighbors say that’s there’s a lady there that lives alone so we knew there may be someone in there,” said a spokesman for the fire department, Merrill Balanciere.
Firefighters also found a dead pet in the home. The medical examiner hasn’t determined how the woman died yet.
Firefighters said they called for backup so that crews on the scene wouldn’t suffer heat exhaustion.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Nearly Drowns In Backyard Pool
- Patrol Car Struck By Hit And Run Driver
- Long-Awaited Arrest In Dallas Park Beating Brings Relief
- It’s not how you start: Rangers focused on every part of marathon season
- Attempted Robber Shot In Dallas
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time