ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A water pipe broke inside of a furniture warehouse early Monday morning, flooding the building and causing water to flow down sidewalks and into streets in Arlington. The incident started around 2:15 a.m. at Updated Furniture, located in the 2100 block of Exchange Parkway.
The City of Arlington’s utility crews shut off the building’s water and spent the overnight hours trying to fix the problem. They finally located the broken six-inch pipe shortly after 6:00 a.m. Monday morning. That line was reportedly used for the warehouse’s fire protection system.
Water from the burst pipe gushed out of the warehouse and into the parking lot, nearby sidewalks and surrounding streets.
Crews are still working to clean up the mess created by the broken water pipe. Officials are not yet sure what caused the pipe to break. The building’s owners have not yet been contacted. There has not yet been any word about the extent of damage done inside of the building.
- Trump Pardons Late Boxer Jack Johnson A Century Later
- Accused Florida School Shooter Due In Court For Hearing
- Lava From Hawaii Volcano Enters Ocean From 3 Flows
- Rachel Dolezal Accused Of Welfare Fraud After Race Scandal
- DPD Holds Town Hall On LGBTQ Outreach
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time