IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – Tony Romo probably won’t escape discomfort this week. But he’s dodged a serious-injury bullet with the Cowboys saying their quarterback underwent X-rays on Monday morning looking for damage in the area of his ribs and that the results are negative.
“We feel optimistic with the tests coming back negative,’’ Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones tells 105.3 The Fan’s Elf and Slater. “He’ll be sore but something he’ll be able to play with, as it looks right now.’’
Romo missed one play Sunday night in the 36-31 home win over Giants just before halftime after being sandwiched by a pair of Giants. He was back under center following the kickoff and for the game, Romo completed 36 of 49 passes for 263 yards, two touchdowns and an interception.
“It’s part of football,” Romo said. “You take some hits sometime. You’ve got to play. You just get back out there and play.”
Even on Sunday night, as Romo discussed the injury while heading to the AT&T Stadium parking lot, he pledged to be in the Week 2 lineup Sunday at Kansas City.
“I’m going to be fine,” he said. “My (injury is) nothing crazy.”
Dez Bryant and other Cowboys mentioned being inspired by Romo’s willingness to play with pain. Owner Jerry Jones was also appreciative.
“You’ve got to come to the conclusion that this is one tough player, one tough man,” Jones said.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- I-Team: First Ever Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Freestanding ERs
- New Warning About Troubled Dallas Police & Fire Pension Fund
- Area Police Departments Chip In For Grief-Stricken Little Elm
- Hundreds Gather To Honor Fallen Little Elm Detective
- FC Dallas Player Recovering At Home After Being Hit By Car
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time