Science Experiment Injures Students, Teacher
FRSICO (CBSDFW.COM) – A science experiment involving chemicals sent one Frisco middle school student to the hospital.
Another student and teacher at Roach Middle School, 12499 Independence Parkway, were also injured during the ‘flash fire.’ The explosion did not cause a sustainable fire inside the school.
Firefighters say the students were using stronium cloride, methyl alcohol and a stick lighter for a burning salts experiment.
One student was airlifted by CareFlite to Parkland Hospital. The other student and teacher were treated for minor injuries at the scene.
- New DPD Website Posts Officer Involved Shooting Information
- Car Burglary Suspect Caught Using Stolen Credit Cards
- Black Friday Shoppers Already Setting Up Camp
- Baby Born On Highway After Texas Mom Gets Caught In Construction
- Officials Confirm Another Quake Near Irving, TX Tuesday Afternoon
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time