The Colony: The city’s fire crews will host a memorial ceremony at 8:45 a.m. at the Central Fire Station, located at 4900 Blair Oaks Drive. The event will remember and honor the 343 New York firefighters who died during the 9/11 terror attacks, and the 64 who have died since that day as a result of their lifesaving efforts.
Coppell: The city is hosting a Patriot Day Ceremony at 7:30 p.m. at Town Center Plaza, located at 255 Parkway Boulevard. City police and fire department officials will be on hand to remember those who died or were hurt during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and honor the heroes who continue to protect public safety.
Fort Worth: The Texas Motor Speedway and NASCAR will be honoring first responders and recent Texas and Oklahoma tornado victims at a special ceremony at 10:45 a.m. in Victory Lane. The tribute will feature heroic stories from 50 local first responders, and an appearance by a Sprint Cup contender.
Frisco: Tom Thumb is opening a new store at 5550 FM 423 in Frisco, but will first honor the men and women who help keep the city safe. In observance of Patriot Day, a special ceremony is planned for first responders at 8:00 a.m. followed by the store’s ribbon cutting. Customers will be able to meet some of Frisco’s heroes.
Grapevine: The city will be holding a ceremony at 7:30 a.m. for firefighters, police officers and flight attendants at the Flight Crew Memorial, located at 1000 Texan Trail. This event will include the dedication of the 343 Never Forget Memorial, honoring the New York fire crews who rushed to help others during the 9/11 terror attacks.
- Mineral Wells School Bus Involved In Crash
- Friday’s Mega Millions Drawing Estimated At $400M
- Ice Storm Damages Reach $30 Million
- Arlington Student Wins Scholar Athlete Honor
- Texas DPS Increasing Holiday Patrols
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time