Update: 2:15 pm – All lanes of LBJ Freeway/635 have reopened.
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Both directions of the LBJ Freeway were shut down early Tuesday afternoon due to a dump truck crash between Webb Chapel Road and Marsh Lane. The incident happened at about 10:30 a.m. when the truck appeared to have jumped over the center concrete median.
Two people were killed in the crash, after the dump truck landed on two cars, pinning them underneath each end of the truck. The owner of the truck was a subcontractor on the LBJ Express Project.
Authorities have not yet said what may have caused the dump truck to jump over the median and into oncoming traffic.
The area where the crash took place is part of the LBJ Express Project, where road construction has already been impacting the regular flow of traffic heading east and west through north Dallas.
The accident backed up traffic for miles in both directions until the highway reopened almost four hours after the accident.
- Texas A&M Resurrects Journalism Program
- American Airlines Buys 90 New Jets
- UFC Flyweight Champion Defends Title In Rematch
- Sports Verdict: Which Team Will Represent The AFC In The Super Bowl?
- Top 5 Worst Athlete Tattoos
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time