FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A Fort Worth police officer has been fired following his arrest for allegedly driving while intoxicated after taking a prescription drug.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports Officer Brian Blue has appealed his termination.
An attorney for Blue, who’d been a Fort Worth officer since 2003, calls it a unique case involving a reaction to a prescribed medication.
Blue was indefinitely suspended last week following an internal investigation into accusations that he took a sedative while at work, then later crashed his personal SUV into another vehicle.
No one was injured in the crash in South Fort Worth, but Blue was arrested on the scene after officers suspected he was intoxicated.
A disciplinary letter filed Monday outlines the June 26 incident. Chief Jeff Halstead says Blue acknowledged taking the prescription drug. Blue allegedly did not seek proper approval to leave work early. A DWI charge was filed in July.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Garrett: Dez Has A Slight Hairline Fracture In His Knee
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- Cowboys Coach Garrett On Practice-To-Play Policy; Injury Update
- No Charges For Deputy Who Shot Inmate At DFW Airport
- Texas Beach Cleanup Yields Bowling Ball & Vampire Teeth
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time