GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – A special tribute to the victims of 9/11 is expanding in Grapevine on Wednesday. The Flight Crew Memorial for pilots and flight attendants who were killed during the 2001 terror attacks was dedicated back in 2008. But there will now be an addition to that memorial.
A plan was put into place three years ago, for a way to honor the firefighters, police officers and first responders who lost their lives during the 9/11 attacks. And after a 7:30 a.m. ceremony on Wednesday for the 9/11 flight crews, the 343 Never Forget Memorial will be dedicated, taking its name from the 343 New York firefighters who were killed that day.
Another 23 New York Police Department officers and 37 Port Authority officers also killed.
The same sculptor who created the Flight Crew Memorial also created the 343 Never Forget Memorial.
- Portrait Photographer’s Tribute To WWII Veterans
- Multi-Vehicle Wreck In Arlington Causes One Rollover
- Darvish, Rangers Top Pirates 5-2
- Shooting At Dallas Club Leaves One Dead
- Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla To Protect Child In Enclosure
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time