Grapevine 9/11 Memorial Gets New Addition
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – A special tribute to the victims of 9/11 is expanding in Grapevine on Wednesday. The Flight Crew Memorial for pilots and flight attendants who were killed during the 2001 terror attacks was dedicated back in 2008. But there will now be an addition to that memorial.
A plan was put into place three years ago, for a way to honor the firefighters, police officers and first responders who lost their lives during the 9/11 attacks. And after a 7:30 a.m. ceremony on Wednesday for the 9/11 flight crews, the 343 Never Forget Memorial will be dedicated, taking its name from the 343 New York firefighters who were killed that day.
Another 23 New York Police Department officers and 37 Port Authority officers also killed.
The same sculptor who created the Flight Crew Memorial also created the 343 Never Forget Memorial.
- TCU & UNT Unite To Open Medical School
- Wreck Puts NASCAR Safety In Spotlight
- Fielder In, A-Rod Out Of MLB All-Star Reserves
- Bruce Jenner’s 1984 Olympic Torch Going To Auction
- Fatal Motorcycle Crash Closes Dallas Freeway
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time