DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A violent crash on the LBJ Expressway near Webb Chapel Road on Tuesday involving a construction truck killed two people and nearly a third.
T.D. Mullikin, 83, and his wife Charlyne, 81, were killed when investigators said a dump truck crossed over the center barrier hitting their white Lexus.
Daniel Cerean’s silver Toyota was also hit by the truck but he survived.
“God was protecting me at the time ‘cause there’s no way on this planet I could have walked away with what I have,” said Cerean, 40, from his home in Garland.
Wearing a neck brace, Cerean said he knows what the Mullikin family must be going through.
Twelve years ago his sister was killed in a car crash.
“We do know what it means to have a family member pass away,” he explained. “They’re going through a worse situation than I am.”
The Mullikins would have celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in December.
Kristina Guzman, one of seven grandchildren, said the death of her grandparents has been hard on the family but made a little easier knowing they’re together.
“It would have been devastating had they not gone together,” she said.
At least once a month T.D. and Charlyne, their three children, seven grandchildren, and eight great-grandchildren would all gather for a pizza night.
“Family is the most important,” said Guzman about her grandparents. “That’s their legacy.”
She said that is also why her grandparents would be very happy to know Cerean, who’s a father of eight, survived.
- As Trump Wins, Clinton Exploring How To Win Over Republicans
- Graceland, Home Of Elvis, Receives 20 Millionth Paid Visitor
- Reports Shows Drop In Overall Crime At U.S. Schools
- Trader Joe’s Recalls Certain Frozen Veggies Over Listeria Fears
- Spieth Refreshed, Ready To Return Following Masters Meltdown
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time