DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas is experiencing a pink invasion. More than a hundred pink Cadillacs took over the streets for a rally and caravan in the Arts District. It’s all in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Mary Kay Inc.
The caravan started shortly after 11 a.m. The pink Cadillacs traveled up the Dallas North Tollway to the Mary Kay global headquarters in Addison. Once there, they spelled out a commemorative message in tribute to the company’s golden anniversary.
The parade is part of a celebration to mark the day when Mary Kay Ash started her business in Dallas 50 years ago. The pink Cadillac now serves as a proud symbol for each businesswoman who drives one.
Lyris Patterson/INDEPENDENT SALES DIRECTOR, MARY KAY
“People always ask – the first thing they ask – ‘Oh, you’re Mary Kay, do you drive a pink Cadillac?'” said Lyris Pattersonn, a Mary Kay independent sales director. “So it’s very exciting to instantly answer, ‘Yes I do!’ And people always want to see the Cadillac. They come out, they look at it, so it’s very, very, very, very much a privilege and an honor to drive.”
Mary Kay first started using the pink Cadillacs as an award for her top 5 independent sales directors in 1969. These days, they can choose from a sedan, SUV or other types of cars.
- The NFL’s ‘Danger From Your Couch’
- 2016 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0
- Crashes After Fiat Chrysler Gear Shifters Confuse Drivers
- Online Dating Services Racking Up BBB Complaints
- American To Add 5 New Gates At Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time