HOUSTON (AP) – Attorney General Greg Abbott is scheduled to address a Texas anti-abortion group’s annual dinner where Gov. Rick Perry is receiving an award.
Texas Right-to-Life will deliver a lifetime achievement honor to Perry during their annual dinner in Houston on Friday night.
Perry is scheduled to give the keynote address and Abbott, who is seeking to replace Perry when he retires, will also give remarks.
Both men fervently oppose abortion rights and have advocated some of the toughest abortion restrictions in the nation.
Texas Right-to-Life is celebrating its 40th year fighting to outlaw abortion. The group will also honor Sen. Glenn Hegar and Rep. Jody Laubenberg, the Republican lawmakers who authored a bill outlawing abortion after 20 weeks.
That law mobilized thousands of protesters at the state Capitol over the summer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FDA Calls For Zika Testing Of All Blood Donations
- Big Changes To Knox Street Causing Concern
- Puppy In Garbage Saved By Good Samaritan
- Texas Firefighter On Oregon Hike Found; 2nd Hiker Dies In Fall
- Arlington Police Seek Man Who Exposed Himself To Teen
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time