Perry & Abbott Speak At Anti-Abortion Event
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (AP) - Attorney General Greg Abbott is scheduled to address a Texas anti-abortion group’s annual dinner where Gov. Rick Perry is receiving an award.
Texas Right-to-Life will deliver a lifetime achievement honor to Perry during their annual dinner in Houston on Friday night.
Perry is scheduled to give the keynote address and Abbott, who is seeking to replace Perry when he retires, will also give remarks.
Both men fervently oppose abortion rights and have advocated some of the toughest abortion restrictions in the nation.
Texas Right-to-Life is celebrating its 40th year fighting to outlaw abortion. The group will also honor Sen. Glenn Hegar and Rep. Jody Laubenberg, the Republican lawmakers who authored a bill outlawing abortion after 20 weeks.
That law mobilized thousands of protesters at the state Capitol over the summer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NBA Announces Preliminary 2014 Playoffs, First-Round Schedule
- Catching Carousel Continues With Darvish On Mound
- State Awards $4.8M To Recovery Efforts In West
- GM To Ask Bankruptcy Court For Lawsuit Protection
- Parents Question If Girls Are Visiting Gynecologist Too Early
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time