Fight Over Boxing Match Leads To Man’s Death
Get Breaking News First
NORTHWEST DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An Irving father was shot and killed early Sunday morning as he tried to break up a fight over last night’s Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez match.
The dispute happened outside a home in the 3100 block of Talisman Drive near Webb Chapel Road.
A group who disagreed about the outcome of the boxing match started arguing in the front yard when witnesses said Eliseo Hernandez, 46, stepped in the middle to break it up.
“It was a childish argument, honestly,” said 16-year-old Sandy Hernandez. “My dad was trying to break it up and they took it to another level.”
The victim’s daughter said when her father stood in the way a group of young men aiming at his son, they shot him.
“When I came out my dad was just lying on the ground with blood everywhere,” she said.
While the victim’s family said it knows who’s responsible, police have not identified a suspect or made an arrest yet.
Hernandez was a father of four children.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Looks At Cases After Jury Convicts Man Of 3 Serial Murders
- Southlake Police Arrest Ex-Student For Alleged Threats
- I-30 Construction ‘Bumps’ Mean Repairs Will Take Longer
- Rangers Set Record For Players Used In MLB Season
- Fort Worth Ebola Survivor: ‘I Felt Like I Was Going To Die’
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time