DFW AIRPORT (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport’s new $56-million parking control system has overcharged thousands of drivers since the system went online earlier this month.
It was supposed to make entering and exiting the airport faster and more convenient by making the process fully automatize for TollTag users.
The problem airport officials said is periodically the new system has failed to read a TollTag.
That’s what happened to Bill Woster of Dallas.
“I was shocked,” he said when saw a $108 airport parking bill on his TollTag account.
Woster, who was dropping off a friend, was not at the airport more than ten minutes.
“I was like what’s going on,” he said.
What happened is a week prior when Woster was at the airport the new system failed to read Woster’s TollTag when exited, so when he returned a week later the system calculated his charge as if he had never left.
Woster was charged for a full week of parking.
“We are as apologetic as can be and we are going to fix it as soon as we can,” said airport spokesman David Magana.
Magana said between 300 to 400 travelers a day are experiencing similar issues and are being overcharged.
“We are ironing out the wrinkles as fast as we can,” he said.
DFW International Airport is reimbursing all overcharges by check within 7 to 10 business days, but airport officials said travelers need to inform them if there’s been a problem.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Sanders, Trump Win New Hampshire Primaries
- Dance Studio Director Arrested For Indecency With A Child
- Suspected Peeping Tom Turns Himself In
- Changes Coming To West 7th Street Bridge In Fort Worth?
- L.A. Rams Owner Purchases W.T. Waggoner Ranch
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time