Man Indicted For Allegedly Taking Pics Under Female Shopper’s Skirts
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Cell phone cameras are making it easier for peeping toms to victimize women — in public places.
This week, a Collin County grand jury indicted Hamid Shoreh for improper photography. According to Plano police, this past July the 61-year-old took pictures under unsuspecting women’s skirts as they shopped at a Michael’s store in the city.
“We have a witness who actually saw him doing this kind of stuff,” explained Plano police Officer David Tilley. “We had him giving us consent to look inside his phone and the officer saw the pictures.”
Officer Tilley says the witness was a store employee who followed the suspect in the store, and called police. A store manager declined comment.
Tilley said, “It seems to be a growing problem as time goes on, not only in our community, but in every community.”
Plano police arrested Christopher Furber back in December, 2011 and accused him of improper photography, after he set up a hidden camera in a changing room inside a Plano recreation center. Court records show he recorded a 10-year-old girl changing after a swim. He received five years probation.
Doris Tao, who was in shopping in Plano Friday evening says, “I’m shocked actually.” She says she moved to Texas from Taiwan 10 years ago, where she knew this was a problem. “A lot of times they showed it on the news to warn us in the restroom, in the fitting room, but I never knew it was a problem here as well.”
Officer Tilley advises women to be very aware who’s around them, whether outside on a sidewalk or inside a store — especially if someone is very close to them and in their space.
- Shawn Marion Explains Why He Left The Mavericks
- Wrong-Way Driver Crashes On I-35 In Dallas
- Ancient Swordfish Fossil To Be Auctioned
- History Books Spark Texas Classroom Battle
- Web Filter Lifts Block On Gay Rights Sites
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures