LAS COLINAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas area’s first National Red Bull Flugtag competition made a splash in Lake Carolyn at Las Colinas Urban Center Saturday.
More than 30 teams comprised of 5 people each launched their homemade, human-powered flying crafts in hopes of winning the extreme sport competition.
The competition originated in 1991 in Vienna, Austria. This year, competitors in Irving, Washington, Long Beach, Calif., Miami and Chicago will attempt to fly home-made, human-powered flying machines into the water. The event also included a 30-second skit by participants before take-off.
Competitors competed to receive a skydiving outing with the Red Bull Air Force. The winner was determined by a mix of distance, showmanship and creativity.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump’s Open Path Causes Agony For Some In GOP
- Peterson Donating $100,000 To Palestine Flood Relief
- Former Alamo Managers Say They’ve Overcome Texas ‘Bullying’
- World Video Game Hall Of Fame Prepares To Induct 2016 Class
- North Texas Cities Hold National Day Of Prayer Events
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures