Dallas’ First National Red Bull Flugtag Competition Makes A Splash
Get Breaking News First
LAS COLINAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas area’s first National Red Bull Flugtag competition made a splash in Lake Carolyn at Las Colinas Urban Center Saturday.
More than 30 teams comprised of 5 people each launched their homemade, human-powered flying crafts in hopes of winning the extreme sport competition.
The competition originated in 1991 in Vienna, Austria. This year, competitors in Irving, Washington, Long Beach, Calif., Miami and Chicago will attempt to fly home-made, human-powered flying machines into the water. The event also included a 30-second skit by participants before take-off.
Competitors competed to receive a skydiving outing with the Red Bull Air Force. The winner was determined by a mix of distance, showmanship and creativity.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Officer Indicted For Shooting Unarmed Suspect
- Frisco Leaders Shocked By Increase In Population Projections
- Two North Texas Men Plan Trip To Mars… On A One-Way Ticket
- Virgin America Creating ‘Turbulence’ At Dallas Love Field
- Regulation Possibly On The Way For Uber, Lyft
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures