LAS COLINAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas area’s first National Red Bull Flugtag competition made a splash in Lake Carolyn at Las Colinas Urban Center Saturday.
More than 30 teams comprised of 5 people each launched their homemade, human-powered flying crafts in hopes of winning the extreme sport competition.
The competition originated in 1991 in Vienna, Austria. This year, competitors in Irving, Washington, Long Beach, Calif., Miami and Chicago will attempt to fly home-made, human-powered flying machines into the water. The event also included a 30-second skit by participants before take-off.
Competitors competed to receive a skydiving outing with the Red Bull Air Force. The winner was determined by a mix of distance, showmanship and creativity.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Police Adding Body Cams
- Deep Ellum Bands Together to Keep Area Safe And Thriving
- Beltre Blast In 9th Beats Indians
- Billy Bob’s Texas Lawsuit Pits Father Against Son Over Ownership
- Worker Electrocuted Cleaning Hot Tub At Fort Worth Apartment Complex
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures