ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Arlington Police Department is investigating the fatal shooting of a woman at a motel overnight.
At about 7:40 p.m. Friday night, Arlington police officers were dispatched to a shooting call at the Motel Studio 6 in the 1900 block of W. Pleasant Ridge Road. They found the body of 59-year-old Susan Brown inside a room there.
The victim’s husband, Ricky Lynn Brown,51, admitted to first responders that he shot her.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will release her name once they make an official identification and notify her family.
Based on the evidence at the scene and the early information gathered in the shooting investigation, Brown was arrested and remains in the Arlington City Jail facing a murder charge. Bail isn’t set yet.
Homicide Detectives are continuing to collect information and evidence that could help determine what led to this deadly shooting.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Seek Man Who Tried To Kidnap 9-Year-Old Walking Home From School
- Millions Spent On School District Leadership Teams
- Lawyer Apologizes After Video Proves Trooper Did Not Commit Rape
- Pakistan Teen Killed At Texas School Is Laid To Rest
- Fort Worth Invitational At The Colonial Rich With Tradition
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures