ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Arlington Police Department is investigating the fatal shooting of a woman at a motel overnight.
At about 7:40 p.m. Friday night, Arlington police officers were dispatched to a shooting call at the Motel Studio 6 in the 1900 block of W. Pleasant Ridge Road. They found the body of 59-year-old Susan Brown inside a room there.
The victim’s husband, Ricky Lynn Brown,51, admitted to first responders that he shot her.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will release her name once they make an official identification and notify her family.
Based on the evidence at the scene and the early information gathered in the shooting investigation, Brown was arrested and remains in the Arlington City Jail facing a murder charge. Bail isn’t set yet.
Homicide Detectives are continuing to collect information and evidence that could help determine what led to this deadly shooting.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Looking For Woman That Stole Credit Card From Elderly Woman After She Died In Her Car
- Rangers’ Diekman Out At Least Half Season Because Of Colitis
- Oklahoma State Student From Bedford Died Of Alcohol Poisoning, Enlarged Heart
- Cowboys Zeke & Dak Lead NFL All-Rookie Team
- Police: Kids Taken 31 Years Ago Found Alive In Texas
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures