Stenson Takes 4-Shot Lead Into Sunday At East Lake
Sports Fan Insider
ATLANTA (AP) — Henrik Stenson was so flawless that he built a nine-shot lead at the turn Saturday in the Tour Championship.
Only a few glitches in his game put him back to where he started — which is still a good place to be.
Stenson made four bogeys in the rain on the back nine at East Lake and shot a 1-under 69 for a four-shot lead over Dustin Johnson going into the final day of the PGA Tour season. Johnson made two late birdies and two par saves for a 67.
Even if he were to lose the lead and finish second, Stenson would capture the FedEx Cup and the $10 million prize. Johnson narrowly got into the 30-man field, and Stenson’s late bogeys gave him a real chance to win.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas Doctor’s Unselfish Act As Ebola Outbreak Tops 700 Deaths
- Top 5 Starting Rotations If The Playoffs Started Today
- Teen Defies Odds; Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Tesla Says Decision On Battery Factory Months Away
- Big Surprise For Wounded Warrior… A New House
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures