NEW BOSTON (AP) — A northeast Texas jury has sentenced a Texarkana, man to life imprisonment for murder in the fatal beating of a 2-year-old neighbor boy.
The Bowie County jury gave 33-year-old Jimmy Paul Mahone the maximum sentence on Friday, one day after finding him guilty of murder in the death of Dalton Wayne Slaton.
A medical examiner determined the boy had a skull fracture and numerous other broken bones.
Prosecutors told jurors that Mahone apparently had picked the boy up by his leg and swung him repeatedly into the hard back of a sofa in his apartment. According to the Texarkana Gazette, witnesses testified that Mahone appeared to be obsessed with the child.
- Why Cowboys Won’t Likely Push ‘The Move-Up Button’ In NFL Draft
- Price Absent At Courthouse As Jurors Enter Day 6 Of Deliberations
- Tyler Seguin Has Surgery For Torn Labrum
- Ian Baker-Finch On Zurich Classic: ‘Some Chances For Scoring’
- Parents Recreate Closed Blockbuster Store For Autistic Son
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures