Xerox Signs $100M Deal To Manage TxDOT Toll Roads
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas has signed a 5-year, approximately $100 million contract with Xerox to manage toll-road operations statewide.
Xerox announced Monday that it will open a customer service operations center in Austin to process more than 8 million monthly toll transactions while managing 750,000-plus accounts.
The center will handle tasks including license plate image review and bill collection.
Xerox will also be in charge of physical maintenance of toll plaza buildings and overseeing courtesy patrol fleets that TxDot maintains on toll roads in Austin, providing roadside assistance.
Xerox says it is the largest provider of transportation technology services worldwide. It provides parking, toll, mass transit and photo enforcement services to government in 30 countries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Study: Insurers May Use Drug Costs To Discriminate
- Paroled Dallas Inmate Set To Die For Different 1996 Slaying
- Police Believe Child Sexual Predator Uses Money To Lure Kids
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- Police Offer Crime Prevention Class After String Of Burglaries
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures