Xerox Signs $100M Deal To Manage TxDOT Toll Roads
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas has signed a 5-year, approximately $100 million contract with Xerox to manage toll-road operations statewide.
Xerox announced Monday that it will open a customer service operations center in Austin to process more than 8 million monthly toll transactions while managing 750,000-plus accounts.
The center will handle tasks including license plate image review and bill collection.
Xerox will also be in charge of physical maintenance of toll plaza buildings and overseeing courtesy patrol fleets that TxDot maintains on toll roads in Austin, providing roadside assistance.
Xerox says it is the largest provider of transportation technology services worldwide. It provides parking, toll, mass transit and photo enforcement services to government in 30 countries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pothole Problems Persist Along Interstate-35W
- Legends Join DSO Principal Trumpeter For “Cancer Blows” Concert
- CBS 11 Storm Team Named Most Accurate Forecast In Texas
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Super Bowl Ticket Trial Begins In Dallas
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures