Cowboys Put Spencer On IR, Claim CB Greenwood
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP)– The Dallas Cowboys have placed defensive end Anthony Spencer on season-ending injured reserve and claimed cornerback Chris Greenwood off the Detroit Lions’ practice squad.
The moves Wednesday came a day after Spencer’s agent said the seventh-year pro would have a second operation on his left knee in two months. He missed the preseason and the opening game against the Giants after the first surgery, then played against Kansas City before being sidelined again.
The 29-year-old Spencer might have played his last game for Dallas. He has a one-year deal under the franchise tag for the second straight season and will be a free agent next year.
Greenwood was a fifth-round pick by the Lions last year. He missed his rookie season with a torn abdominal muscle.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavs Hand Pacers Their 4th Straight Loss
- Christian Yelich Gives Marlins Power And Speed Atop Lineup
- Stars Call Up Nilstorp With Lehtonen In Limbo
- Lady Bears Beat OSU In Semifinals
- West Virginia Women Beat Texas In Semifinals
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures