Stars Topple Avalanche 5-3 In Preseason
Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DENVER (AP) - Colton Sceviour scored three goals, Jamie Benn added two and the Dallas Stars beat the Colorado Avalanche 5-3 in a preseason game Tuesday night.
Sceviour and Benn scored two goals apiece in the second period, with Sceviour’s second goal at 9:44 giving the Stars a 4-0 lead and prompting Colorado to pull goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere in favor of Sami Aittokallio.
Gabriel Landeskog answered for Colorado with 2:11 left in the middle period, and Brad Malone and Paul Stastny followed with goals in the third period to get the Avalanche within 4-3.
Sceviour added an empty-net goal with 1:40 left in the game. Kari Lehtonen stopped 26 shots for the Stars.
Giguere stopped six shots and Aittokallio saved all 15 shots he faced.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Catcher
- Anti-DWI Campaign Targets Young Adults
- President Obama Turns To Comedy To Promote Health Care Plan
- Sauceda & Fowler Join “Don’t Mess With Texas”
- Mattress Firm Acquiring 93 Stores In 3 Deals
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures