DENVER (AP) – Colton Sceviour scored three goals, Jamie Benn added two and the Dallas Stars beat the Colorado Avalanche 5-3 in a preseason game Tuesday night.
Sceviour and Benn scored two goals apiece in the second period, with Sceviour’s second goal at 9:44 giving the Stars a 4-0 lead and prompting Colorado to pull goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere in favor of Sami Aittokallio.
Gabriel Landeskog answered for Colorado with 2:11 left in the middle period, and Brad Malone and Paul Stastny followed with goals in the third period to get the Avalanche within 4-3.
Sceviour added an empty-net goal with 1:40 left in the game. Kari Lehtonen stopped 26 shots for the Stars.
Giguere stopped six shots and Aittokallio saved all 15 shots he faced.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures