Traffic Mess On I-35E After Drilling Rig Falls Off Truck
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A traffic nightmare continues near downtown Dallas. Chopper 11 flew over westbound Interstate-35E when an mid-afternoon accident involving a tractor-trailer and heavy equipment vehicle closed all of the southbound lanes.
The backup happened after a drilling rig, that was being towed, tipped and fell off a flatbed 18-wheeler under the westbound I-30 bridge.
The accident spilled fuel on the freeway and caused damage to the road. Crews immediately began working to remove the drill truck and clear the road of the hazardous material.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident.
As of 8:50 p.m. one of the southbound I-35E lanes had been reopened, but traffic backups were still significant and drivers are being advised to seek alternate routes.
Just before 10 p.m. all lanes were opened.
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Hundreds Gather To Celebrate Life Of Dallas Artist Roosevelt Wilkerson.
- Former Cowboy Charles Haley Among NFL Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures