DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – There are two new gorillas heading to the Dallas Zoo, including a breakdancing primate whose YouTube videos have gone viral.
Zola and his half-brother Shana — both 11-years-old — come from the Calgary Zoo in Canada. Zola’s dancing videos have received more than three million views online.
They will be in the habitat soon to be vacated by Patrick, a popular gorilla that is being ousted because of his failure to form any bonds with other gorillas.
Patrick is headed to the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden in South Carolina where he will be able to live in solitude, which he seems to prefer.
The Dallas Zoo is offering a reduced $5 admission on Sept. 28-29 to allow visitors to say goodbye to Patrick as part of the “We’ll Miss Ya, Patrick!” celebration.
The Dallas Zoo has not yet specified when Zola and Shana will arrive in Texas.
- Arlington Police Searching For Missing Elderly Man
- Two Dead In Overnight Dallas Shooting
- Mineral Wells School Bus Involved In Crash
- Friday’s Mega Millions Drawing Estimated At $400M
- Ice Storm Damages Reach $30 Million
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures