MIAMI (AP) — A former Texas hand surgeon has been sentenced to 30 days in federal prison for interfering with the crew of a British Airways flight earlier this year.
U.S. District Judge Donald Graham in Miami also fined Michael Glyn Brown $5,000 at a hearing Wednesday. Brown pleaded guilty in July to the charge.
Court documents show Brown acted disruptively on the London-to-Miami flight, including putting both hands around the neck of a female flight attendant and squeezing her. Brown also threatened to strip naked aboard the plane.
Brown’s company in Houston, Brown Medical Center, is in the midst of a bankruptcy restructuring. Brown, now a Miami resident, also is in the midst of a divorce from his fourth wife.
- Collin County Weather Slowly Going From Bad To Worse
- Ice And Sleet Creates Hazardous Conditions in Fort Worth
- Winter Weather Disrupts Travel at DFW Airport
- TxDOT Has New Weapon In Icy Road Battle
- CBSDFW.COM Fantasy Football Show: Week 14
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures