Baylor Football Player Arrested On Assault Charges
WACO (CBSDFW.COM) — The Baylor Bears have glided through their first three non-conference games this season. Now, they’re finally facing adversity — off the field.
Bears starting safety Ahmad Dixon has been arrested on misdemeanor assault charges stemming from an incident that occurred on Sept. 16.
According to the Waco Police Department, the 21-year-old male victim arrived at an apartment where Dixon and his friends were playing video games on the night of Sept. 16. Dixon accused the man of having broken into his apartment several months prior. The victim denied the accusation and laughed, which angered Dixon.
Dixon then began to assault the victim, punching him numerous times in his face and head causing pain and injury and a possible concussion — the victim told police.
The injuries, which included swelling and visible bruises to his face and arm, were documented by police.
The victim waited until the next day to report the assault after Dixon made threats to the victim and victim’s family.
Police arrested Dixon on Class “A” misdemeanor Assault after speaking with Dixon about the case. Dixon turned himself in to the McLennan County Jail on Thursday about noon.
Dixon has twice been named an honorable mention All-Big 12 honoree and has started 26 straight games for Baylor.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures