WACO (AP) — There’s nothing sweet about this crime.
A nonprofit group in Waco says someone stole a barbeque pit that was the grand prize of a scholarship raffle. The 16-foot-long pit is valued at $7,500 and was being offered by the Brazos Education Foundation.
The foundation’s grants and development coordinator tells the Waco Tribune-Herald that the thief appears to have cut a padlock and taken the pit and trailer from a carport behind the group’s building.
The foundation awards scholarships to students in McLennan County, which includes Waco and West.
Anyone with information about the theft is urged to contact Waco police.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- White Settlement Firefighter In Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- TCU Beaten By Coastal Carolina 7-5
- Team USA Falls To Columbia 1-0, Finishes 4th In Copa America
- One Dead In Fort Worth Convenience Store Robbery
- Corruption Cases Casts Harsh Light On NYPD Handgun Permits
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures