DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Music has power.
Research has proven that music can help heal the sick. And any music-loving adult knows that it can take you back in time, which is what makes Denton’s Strictly Dixie band so special.
The group of retired men and women have kept their youth and music alive for 15 years, playing for elderly folks at retirement homes, walking them down memory lane with upbeat Dixieland-style tunes.
Strictly Dixie also plays for community and private events. Click here if you would like to contact the band about a performance.
- No. 3 Oklahoma Overcomes Baylor 49-41 For 14th Straight Win
- Rangers Manager Jeff Banister Leaves To Be With Ill Mother
- Canton Farm Opens For Festival Months After Deadly Tornadoes
- Soul Singer Charles Bradley Dies At 68
- Trump Talks Tax Cuts, Jobs; Democrats Discuss Health Care Bill
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures