ELLIS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – An Ellis County jury has convicted a 52-year-old man of sexual assault of a child.
On Thursday the jury sentenced Archie Lee Becks to 60 years in prison for assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
Ellis County District Attorney Patrick Wilson said, “Practically speaking, this is a life sentence for Archie Becks.”
During the trial the victim testified about how Becks had continually molested her. There was also sworn testimony from the victim’s sister who told the court she had seen Becks go into the victim’s room at night and touch her inappropriately.
Jurors apparently also believed the victim when she testified that when Becks was released from jail, after being indicted for molestation, he continued to sexually assault her.
Becks, a Waxahachie resident, will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.
- Tropical Storm Daniel Weakens Off Mexico Coast
- Galveston Officer Fatally Shoots Man During Traffic Stop
- Barber Cuts World Cup Soccer Players On Fan’s Heads
- Lincoln Foundation’s Marilyn Monroe Little Black Dress Dress Sells For $50K
- Texas Death Row Inmate Rodney Reed Loses At Supreme Court