Police: Man Stole Airport Bus, Had Access To Plane
COLLEGE STATION (AP) — A man has been arrested after stealing a bus overnight at an airport near Texas A&M University and apparently gaining access to a passenger plane on the tarmac.
Texas A&M police say it’s unclear what prompted David Cooper Thurmond of Bryan to enter Easterwood Airport early Saturday morning. Investigators say Thurmond drove his vehicle through a pedestrian gate before taking the 22-seat bus and driving it across runways. The 54-year-old Thurmond was confronted by an airport worker and the two struggled before police arrived.
A review of surveillance video shows Thurmond near an American Eagle airplane. A security seal on the door was found broken. The plane was inspected and its departure to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport delayed three hours.
Thurmond was held Saturday at the Brazos County jail on charges of theft, assault and criminal trespass.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NHL Players Might Not Participate In 2018 Winter Olympics
- This Week In Golf: Furyk Gets It Done At RBC Heritage; Zurich Classic Next
- Thieves Leave No Mess While Taking ATM
- 5 Of Boxing’s Most Controversial Fights Ever
- Man Dead After Shooting In Oak Cliff
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures