Testimony Continues In Cuban Insider-Trading Trial
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (AP) – Jurors hear a second day of testimony in Dallas as they wait for Mark Cuban to take the stand in his insider-trading trial.
Testimony continues Wednesday, a day after attorneys laid out their cases for the federal jury.
A government lawyer pointed to Cuban’s will to succeed in business and sports. Securities and Exchange Commission attorney Jan Folena says that drive led the billionaire owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks to cheat. The SEC says Cuban used insider information to sell stock in an Internet company.
However, one of Cuban’s lawyers says the SEC’s chief witness is lying. Thomas Melsheimer also portrayed the SEC’s case as government overreach.
Cuban is expected to testify at some point, but said he didn’t know when. The trial is expected to last three weeks.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Killed While Crossing Dallas Street
- American Airlines & JetBlue End Agreement
- Lambert “Ready To Rock” With New Album
- Lady Gaga To Give Keynote At SXSW Festival
- Snowden To Speak At SXSW Conference
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures