UPDATE at 4:15 p.m: Police continue to investigate the shooting death of Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD employee, Todd Edward Fenton. His body was found inside a bus barn at the district’s service center. Fenton worked for the district for 15 years.
“We are so sad we appreciate the years that he gave to us,” said Angela Shelley with Carrollton-Farmer’s Branch ISD.
Police say they are looking at surveillance video for possible leads in the case. They haven’t yet released the names of any suspects.
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Crime scene detectives are now searching for clues after a disturbing discovery was made in Carrollton late Wednesday night. A man’s dead body was found at a building belonging to the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District.
A school district employee first made the discovery at around 11:30 p.m. and, for unknown reasons, called the city’s fire department. Police were then called to the scene afterwards. Officers arrived and taped off the area. Detectives are still investigating the case.
The building is located in the 1500 block of Randolph Street, close to Interstate-35E, between East Belt Line Road and Valwood Parkway. The facility acts as a service center for the school district, and the location where school buses are parked. The crime scene does not seem to be impacting the work day. Bus drivers and other employees arrived as scheduled and school buses went out on time, despite the crime scene investigation just a few yards away.
Later on Thursday morning, police identified the victim as 48-year-old Todd Edward Fenton, an employee at the service center. The death is being investigated as a homicide. Law enforcement officials confirmed that he was shot, but did not say anything about a possible suspect.
Fenton had been with the school district for the past 15 years as a groundskeeper. While he worked at several different campuses, his main office was located at the service center.
- Debate Over JFK Assassination Continues In Dallas After Release Of Documents
- Person Shot To Death During Altercation At Dallas Strip Mall
- Officials Investigating Fire At Luxury Hotel Landmark In Dallas
- Mayfield Snubbed As No. 3 Sooners Roll 41-3 Win Over Kansas
- Investigation Underway After Fort Worth Police Vehicle Hits, Kills Pedestrian
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures