Missing Carrollton Family Heading Back Home
Get Breaking News First
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) - The wife of a missing man and their two missing grandchildren is hoping to be reunited in the next couple of days. Maria Gomez learned on Tuesday night that a Wisconsin deputy had located her husband, William Gomez, and two grandchildren, Dominique and Marcus.
The grandfather left on Sunday afternoon to take the children to a nearby park, but the trio never returned. The 57-year-old has occasional memory lapses, his wife said, and may not have been taking his medication on Sunday when they left.
The grandfather drove through six states, stopping for the children to eat and rest from time to time, the grandmother said, before driving on. Family members and police officers tracked activity on his debit card to follow his path and notify other agencies to be on the lookout.
The family believes that Gomez simply got lost, and was trying to find his way back to their home in Carrollton the entire time.
The children’s father, Jose Gomez, and uncle flew up to Wisconsin to meet them on Wednesday, and will be driving the grandfather and kids back to North Texas later this week.
Maria Gomez said that the children were happy to be out of the car, but otherwise unfazed by the ordeal. “They were with Grandpa” Maria Gomez said on Wednesday. “They didn’t seem to be upset or traumatized by it. It was like a fun day with Grandpa. But instead of being one day, it was three days.”
Her husband was checked out at a hospital in the Milwaukee area, Maria Gomez said, adding that his driving days are now over.
- Sources: Justice Department Investigating GM Recall
- Complaints Of A Flasher At Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
- Cowboys Make Tough Decisions On NFL Free Agency
- Dallas Stars Players React To Peverley’s Collapse
- Dallas Mother Missing For Four Days
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures