LUFKIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Authorities say the theft of women’s lingerie this week from a home in an East Texas county may be the latest in a two-year string of break-ins blamed on an intruder they’ve dubbed the “Panty Burglar.”
Angelina County Sheriff’s Lt. Pete Maskunas says the most recent burglary Tuesday has raised concerns because the thief also left with underwear belonging to a 5-year-old.
Maskunas tells The Lufkin Daily News the sexual nature of the items taken, particularly now with juvenile underwear taken, “ups the ante” for authorities who believe they’re dealing with someone with a fetish and perversion.
Sheriff Greg Sanches says nearly a dozen homes have been broken into over two years where only lingerie was reported missing. Other than that, investigators say they have little to go on.
Angelina County is about 200 miles south and east of Dallas.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Man Charged With Murder After Stabbing At Job Placement Center
- Mumps Immunizations Required For Returning Cleburne Students
- Children’s Parade Canceled; Hotel & Guests Find Silver Lining
- Snapchat Allegedly Leads To Beer Pong And Student/Teacher Sex
- Judge Rules Against Police & Fire Pension Injunction
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures