Daniels Says Rangers Not Satisfied With 91 Wins
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — General manager Jon Daniels says the Texas Rangers aren’t satisfied, despite averaging more than 91 wins over the past five seasons.
“One and done is not good enough,” said Daniels. “That’s two years in a row we’ve been in this spot and it hurts.”
For the second year in a row since consecutive World Series appearances, the Rangers were done after losing a must-win game. This time they lost in the 163th game of their season and didn’t make the playoffs for the first time in four years.
Daniels made it clear Thursday, however, that he feels as strong as he ever has about manager Ron Washington, who just completed his seventh season and has only one more year left on his contract.
Daniels says they will sit down soon to address things, and the GM’s preference is that Washington not be in that situation.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Police Confirm Body Found Is That Of Missing Woman
- Playground Equipment May Be Too Hot To Handle
- Ft. Worth Doctor With Ebola Has Church’s Prayers
- John Wiley Price’s Pastor and Church Stand Behind Him
- Tribute Flag Found At Flea Market Given To Soldier’s Mother
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures