ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas outfielder Joey Butler has been claimed on waivers by the St. Louis Cardinals. The Rangers designated him for assignment on Monday.
The 27-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 7 in Los Angeles. In eight games played, Butler collected four hits and three walks in 12 at bats. His best game in Texas came on Aug. 9, when he was 2-for-3 with two doubles and two runs in Houston.
He spent the majority of the season with Triple-A Round Rock, batting .291 (124-426) with 12 home runs and 51 RBI.
Texas originally selected Butler in the 15th round of the 2008 June Draft.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Garrett Wants The Best For Tony Romo, Declines To Name A Starting QB
- Eichel Scores Twice In Sabres’ 4-1 Win Over Stars
- Villanova Jumps Kansas, Moves Back To No. 1 In AP Basketball Poll
- Packers-Cowboys Biggest Ratings Draw For A Divisional Game In 20 Years
- Dollars And Sense Of Romo’s Financial Future With Cowboys