Rangers OF Butler Claimed By Cardinals
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Texas outfielder Joey Butler has been claimed on waivers by the St. Louis Cardinals. The Rangers designated him for assignment on Monday.
The 27-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 7 in Los Angeles. In eight games played, Butler collected four hits and three walks in 12 at bats. His best game in Texas came on Aug. 9, when he was 2-for-3 with two doubles and two runs in Houston.
He spent the majority of the season with Triple-A Round Rock, batting .291 (124-426) with 12 home runs and 51 RBI.
Texas originally selected Butler in the 15th round of the 2008 June Draft.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- 30 Players: Baseball’s Top Prospect Bryant Won’t Wait Long For Cubs Debut
- Lady Bears Fall Short Of Final Four, Prepare For Next Season
- Pre-Game Playlist: Devon Still ‘Shakes It Off’ With Daughter Leah
- Texas Freshman Myles Turner Says He’ll Enter NBA Draft