Earnhardt Feeling No NASCAR Chase Pressure
ROANOKE (AP) - Dale Earnhardt Jr. says he isn’t feeling a lot of pressure in NASCAR’s Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
Earnhardt has rebounded from an engine failure and 35th-place finish in the first week of the Chase with a pair of top-10 finishes. He says the last two weeks have been “really encouraging” and that he had probably the best two cars he’s had all season. He started on the pole and finished second last week at Dover.
During a charity appearance Thursday night at a barbecue joint about five miles from Texas Motor Speedway, Earnhardt said his team is “swinging for the fences every weekend” with seven races left.
Earnhardt is 10th in the standings, 57 points behind leader Matt Kenseth going into Sunday’s race at Kansas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Neighbors Describe Man Who Shot Fort Worth Officer
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- VIDEO: Gym Screwdriver Stabbing Surveillance Footage
- Body Cam Video Of Officer Getting Shot Is “Compelling & Terrifying”
- Champion Barrel Racer Overcomes Adversity And Wins
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures