Earnhardt Feeling No NASCAR Chase Pressure
ROANOKE (AP) - Dale Earnhardt Jr. says he isn’t feeling a lot of pressure in NASCAR’s Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
Earnhardt has rebounded from an engine failure and 35th-place finish in the first week of the Chase with a pair of top-10 finishes. He says the last two weeks have been “really encouraging” and that he had probably the best two cars he’s had all season. He started on the pole and finished second last week at Dover.
During a charity appearance Thursday night at a barbecue joint about five miles from Texas Motor Speedway, Earnhardt said his team is “swinging for the fences every weekend” with seven races left.
Earnhardt is 10th in the standings, 57 points behind leader Matt Kenseth going into Sunday’s race at Kansas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ringling Bros. Eliminating Elephant Acts From Circus
- Blog: After Rangers First Game Flop, Where Do They Go From Here?
- One Person Dies After 7-Car Wreck In Denton Co
- Westbrook 1st Player Since MJ With 4 Straight Triple-Doubles
- Book By Sen. Ted Cruz To Be Published June 30
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures