Former Playboy Playmate Bares All, Now Teaches Spanish
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – By the age of 18, Cristy Deweese said knew what she wanted to do.
“I want to be a Spanish teacher,” she said in a video, posted to Playboy.com.
At the time, Deweese was preparing to pose naked as the magazine’s “Coed of the Month.”
Two-and-a-half years later, Deweese is doing just as she planned — teaching Spanish at the Rosie Sorrels School of Education and Social Services in Dallas.
“[There are] whispers in the school, ‘Did you hear about the new Spanish teacher’?” said a parent, who asked not to be identified.
The mother said she grew concerned after her child showed her provocative pictures of Deweese.
“Can you be an effective teacher when a classroom full of high school boys is envisioning you naked? Can your female high school students respect you when they’ve seen you naked?” she asked.
Not everyone takes issue with the pictures, though.
In response to a Dallas Morning News article, a reader wrote,
“It was done before she was a teacher and has nothing to do with her being able to properly educate.”
Another defended Deweese saying, “You don’t become a teacher at 21 without dedication and hard work.”
With students now logging on to see their teacher, though, at least one parent worries, the only lesson Deweese can teach is to watch out for what ends up on the Internet.
The district is aware of the concerns. A spokesperson said, however, that the issue is a personnel matter and will not be discussed.
Calls and attempts to reach Deweese were not returned.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Man Guilty Of Sexual Assault Posted To Facebook
- Sketch Released Of Man Who Attacked Woman Walking Her Dogs
- Crash Shuts Down Northbound U.S. 75
- Rockwall PTA Fundraiser For Time-Strapped Parents Goes Viral
- USDA To Approve Simplot’s Genetically Engineered Potato
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures