Texas Boy Ordered To Walk On Freeway As Punishment
LEAGUE CITY (AP) — Police southeast of Houston say a woman has been arrested for punishing her 10-year-old boy by having him walk home along a busy freeway.
League City police say 34-year-old Angela Graciela Garcia ordered the child from her car Monday evening after the two argued and she became frustrated. Authorities say he had walked on the shoulder of Interstate 45, also known as Gulf Freeway, for about 15 minutes before police stopped him.
Garcia had another son in the car and both children later were released to the custody of their father.
Garcia, a resident of League City, was charged with abandoning and endangering a child. She was held Tuesday at the Galveston County jail on a $7,500 bond.
Online jail records did not indicate an attorney for Garcia.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 1 Dead In Single-Car Accident
- Study: Sauna Bathing Linked With Increased Life Span
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures