DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – The Lion King opened last week at the Music Hall at Fair Park and nearly every show is sold out. CBS 11 went back stage to meet one of the cast members and a very important character in the hit Broadway musical.
Andrew Gorell plays Zazu, an African hornbill who serves as the main advisor to Mufasa and the other lions. Gorell showed us how he brings the puppet to life. “There’s a bit of patting your head and rubbing your tummy because as the wings go up his body goes down.” He does all of that while singing, dancing and acting.
The cast and crew have enjoyed being in North Texas and say the audiences have made performing fun and added to each of the shows. The last show is Sunday, October 20th. While most of the shows are sold out there are still some single seat tickets available.
For more information or tickets go to DallasSummerMusicals.org
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Denton Co. Transportation Authority Holds Mock Disaster Drill
- ‘Jungle Book’ Rules At Box Office Again; ‘Civil War’ Looms
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick Baptized On Trip To Israel
- Cowboys Looking More To Future In NFL Draft Following 4-12 Year
- Aldridge Hits 38, Spurs Rout Thunder 124-92 In Game 1
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures