FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – Fort Worth Police Officer Douglas Campbell’s job is to protect and serve, but now the department arrested him.
Following a nearly two month undercover investigation by police, Campbell is facing charges of sexual assault by a public servant and official oppression sexual harassment.
According to court documents obtained by CBS-11, prostitutes told police in late August that officer Campbell often hung around a motel on Riverside Drive where he tried picking them up for sex.
In one case, documents say officer Campbell exposed himself — while still in his patrol car and in uniform — and threatened to take a woman to jail if she didn’t have sex with him.
Another woman claimed Campbell approached her in an unmarked car while still in uniform.
She claims she let him touch her for fear he would arrest her if she didn’t.
Documents also say a woman claimed Campbell raped a prostitute.
But they offer no other details — and police have no comment.
The arrest affidavit goes on to say that Campbell admitted he picked up a prostitute and paid her $35 to $40 to dance for him, but said there was no sexual contact.
Campbell is also facing a theft charge.
In an arrest affidavit, police say the officer admitted he stole two dollars in an abandoned vehicle that was blocking traffic and gave it to a friend.
The vehicle was all part of an undercover operation by police.
Chief Jeffrey Halstead says he will never tolerate criminal misconduct and/or gross ethical behavior.Latest News:
- Survey: 15 Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Hate Killing Suspect’s Kin ‘Shocked, Horrified’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures